David hits on 5 truths about the Lord in today’s Psalms:
1) The Lord is your guide. “He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness”. “Lead me in Your truth and teach me”.
2) The Lord is your rescuer. “O my Strength, hasten to help me! Deliver Me from the sword”.
3) The Lord forgives sins and restores you. “Look on my affliction and my pain, and forgive all my sins …Keep my soul, and deliver me”.
4) The Lord doesn’t always work quickly but He does work on behalf of those who wait for Him. “For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.” “Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.” Isaiah knows this same truth about the Lord as he says in Isaiah 64:4, “From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for Him”.
5) Sometimes the Lord may seem silent. “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me…O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear…They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.” Later in the Story, while Jesus is hanging on the cross dying so that we may have salvation, He will ask the same as David fulfilling prophecy. “…Jesus cried out with a loud voice saying…’My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46) And the soldiers “..when they had crucified him, they divided his garments among them by casting lots.” (Matthew 27:35) BUT 3 days later when Mary Magdalene went to Jesus’s tomb, she was told “…He has risen, he is not here”. (Mark 16:6) And after Jesus was on earth 40 days, He “…was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God”. (Mark 16:9) See, God may be silent but He is NEVER inactive! The Lord is always working to accomplish His plans and His purposes and to work ALL things for the good of His people! Keep reading.